Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Barn Reception

The young couple got a wedding of their dreams, married on the island of Hawaii.  For their guests back home however they wanted to plan a celebration and create a barn style wedding reception.  My goal was to make sure it was a special day for the bride and groom and their guests, and one to remember.  For me even more special as it was my very first attempt to help stage and create an event.  Not really knowing what I was doing or what I was getting myself into the reception eventually came together and we all created a most spectacular reception.  Here is a snapshot of the day.



 
 
A chalkboard used to set the mood for the guests.
 
 
Flowers soften the tables,
 
 
and lights to create the mood.
 
 
 


 

 
Boots for the gals, shorts for the guys.  A very casual event for the couple and their guests.
 
 
 
 
 
I brought in several pieces to set the stage for a perfect barn style wedding.
 
 
 
 
 
One cake for the cutting ceremony and these yummies were for the guests.  I had to try one and it was amazing.
 
 


 

 
Ladders were used to display the desserts.  Just perfect.
 
 
 
Stacks of hay for seating just outside.
 




 

 
Suitcase used to hold the bride and groom gifts.
 
 
My creation, made from wine barrel rings, a hanging lantern and thick vintage rope.  All were hung from the rafters to create a focal point above.
 


 
Almond orchards filled with almonds just outside the barn.  I used a few of the branches in galvanized buckets at the barn entrance.
 
 
Well wishes for the couple.
 

 
 
 

 
The couple.


 
Special thanks go out to the couple of course, Katie and Justin for allowing me to work with them, to Becky for meeting you at Paris Flea Market and allowing me convince you to help with the planning of the reception, and to Robyn for the use of your barn.  Also to my good friends Lori and Trashsista for all your help setting up and using some of your goods couldn't have done it without the both of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment